Monday, March 24, 2008

NCAA - Round I

I don't know about all of you, but Theresa and I had a great time watching the NCAA tournament with Grandma and Grandpa this weekend. It seemed to me that every single game went down to the wire. This has really been a great week of basketball, and I can only imagine it getting better. Theresa and I are actually in a pool here at the law school where we have to pick the entire tournament at once, and after two of my final four picks lost in the second round (Duke and Georgetown), I am sure glad that we get to re-choose our next round here. And, I also really enjoy that we get extra points for the upsets: as the following scores will attest, they can really increase your score. Theresa, our current leader, used her sixth sense to predict victories by Villanova (12), Sienna (13), Kansas State (11), Davidson (10), and San Diego (13). The alternate strategy, thoroughly studying the teams and commentaries, has also been successfully employed (I know my Dad did this, and you other leaders probably did as well). Which technique will win out in the end? It's hard to say. If we have learned anything from this tournament already, anything can happen.

THE LEADERBOARD
Theresa: 56
J'Neil: 48
Craig M: 46
Brent C: 45
Kristin: 44
Sam: 44
Randy: 43
Craig C: 42
Ben: 41
Addy: 41
Grandma: 41
David: 37
Roger: 36
Holly: 36
Jodi: 34
Grandpa: 34

No comments: