Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In response to my picture

Thank you for the comments... 'I'm flattered'.

So as grandpa asked: How am I? Um, I'm good... I'm having lots of fun in school. My favorite classes being Science and Algebra. we are reading a book called "Bronx Masquerade" in 'Lang. Arts' which is an interesting story of High school students in the Harlem part of New York learning about poetry and how they themselves can change the world with it. Our teacher wants to write a book similar to it with each of the students writing a poem and event that promts the poem... I think I'll write mine about being a third (I'm always the third person... it's not bad... just something I've noted and would be interesting to write about) Something fun about algebra is that I am on a team for the Math Omlypiad which is a Math competition in the Eastern Washington Area. It's fun to practice problems and gives me extra stuff to do.

I attended 'Discovery Day' for the High school I will be going to next year (going to 9th grade) And I figured out I can be in Marching Band, the Band like a class during school AND the Jazz band. But that is if I get in jazz band when I try out and I dont know what to do for marching band. It's fun to think about and get back into playing to flute so next year I'll be ready. (If I'm in jazz band I would be playing the bass guitar... ooo, cool)

I'm continuing with Piano... and not doing any sports... I like to walk (especially when it's nice out and I can go into the park to see the baseball and track practices... :) ) I'm saving up for a telescope but it's going pretty slowly. I like to look at Astronomy pictures and am increasing my knowledge about the universe beyond. (I'm have decided I want to follow the career path of an Astrophyisist--studying the 'what' 'how' and 'why' of stars, nebulae, and celestial objects)

And that's about it for me.... Now that you're all caught up... Next time you see me or hear from me I'll hope (as much as I liked those "WOW" comments) you won't be too surprised.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Make sure and go for the marching band - so day I will be watching the Rose Bowl on TV and there will be J'Neil marching in the half-time show