Monday, March 31, 2008

Blog 03/31/08

The Last Month
Not that we are getting trunky or anything but my mind has been wandering lately to our last month of missionary service and I'm starting to tick off the last time we will be doing this or that - some good and some sad. Yesterday was our last Fast Meeting in the Rockbridge Ward. Last week was probably the last time Randy and Theresa will spend the weekend (something we will miss). I paid the last rent check today. This Friday will be our last Friday Food and Fun at Institute. Yesterday we went out to dinner in Lynchburg and as we were leaving I realized this might be the last time we would be in that city, and as I opened a bottle of shower cleaner it occurred to me that this will be the last one we will need and so on and so on - time goes by quickly and we are already looking forward to returning home and thinking about seeing you all soon.
Words to live by – as I was preparing a lesson on leadership I come across the following quote by J. Paul Getty (for you youngsters – Getty was the world’s richest man for many – many years) on how to be successful and make lots of money. “Get up early. Work hard. Strike oil.” In other words everything involves a little bit of unexpected luck.
Love
Elder/Dad/Grandpa Cottle
P.S. What’s with that Theresa anyway? I am going to pass her on the final four – just watch

No comments: