Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just a couple of short notes
1. I hope you enjoyed conference. Some excellent talks, and what other church can boast of a leader and prophet that can wriggle his ears (Priesthood meeting - you had to be there). My favorite was the talk by M. Russell Ballard honoring women. If you only read/watch one talk, make this the one.
2. In one of my classes we talk about the importance of developing talents, so I have each class member share a talent. We had girls who had sewn there prom dresses, a demo on basketball, juggling, spending weekends as a volunteer to medical staff providing care for the poor, and so on. When it came Ashley's turn she got up and started talking about how she liked to sing (but didn't sing) how she like to sew (but didn't show anything) and several other talents that she talked about but did not share. And she talked on and on and on. When she finished, just as she sat down she said, "Oh I forgot to tell you my talent - it is talking!"
3. Sister Cottle's Institute Choir held an awesome spring concert and talent show last night.
4. If Theresa wins the final round of the Cottle March Madness I'm going to demand an investigation of the entire NCAA basketball program.

No comments: