Sunday, April 13, 2008

The End of an Era

I think that Theresa and I are the only ones in the family that are sad that Grandma and Grandpa's mission is over so soon. We've had such a great time with them in Virginia these last couple of year that we don't want to see them go. But last night, when they took us out to dinner for the 716th time, we realized that they will be gone in under two weeks! So, thank you once again Grandma and Grandpa for all that you did for us these last few years - we really had a good time and will miss you both terribly.

But the truth be told, we are not going to stay in the Old Dominion for long either. Just because I have been asked by various people, I will set the record straight. I will be leaving Virgina on about the 15th of May and once again driving across the continent - this time to Pal Alto California. My internship begins on May 19th. Theresa, who has to stay behind in order to finish her pharmacy technician program, will be flying out to join me on May 25th. If anyone has wanted an opportunity to visit San Fransisco, you all are welcome to visit at any time. I will be at work every day, but Theresa would be more that happy to play hostess. The bad news is that my internship doesn't end until Aug 8th, which means that I'll miss the big Cottle reunion - making this the second time that I will be the only Cottle missing (oh wait, I guess Jeff wont be able to come either). But yeah, we're really excited to spend the summer in California, and I'm not joking when I said you could come visit (a'hem Holly and Amy).

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Whether he will be there over the summer, or not, I don't know, but Mike is in San Francisco these days. So when you get there, try giving him a call...

If it were not for the Meadow Lake shindig this summer, I would be trying to take my kids there on vacation; we've been meaning to for a couple of years now. I love San Francisco.

I'm sure you'll do well in your internship.

wurstens5 said...

Good luck this summer. We will miss you. Maybe one day I will get to meet Teresa.

Holly said...

Well Jamie, we're working on getting her to the reunion so hopefully you can meet her then.