Sunday, June 1, 2008

San Francisco!

Happy June! Last time I updated the title banner, I was a continent away. Since May 1st, I have traveled across the country from Virginia to beautiful San Francisco (or Santa Clara, near San Jose to be exact). Now let me tell any of you who haven’t made such a long drive yourselves, this is a wide and varied land. It was really neat to drive through the dense eastern forests, over the Ohio and Mississippi rivers, across the great Midwestern plains and Nevada desert to finally arrive in the coastal hills of northern California. There sure is a lot to see, and if I hadn’t been in such a hurry, I would have liked to have stopped in more places than I did.

But now I’m here, and California is great. I enjoy my time at work, and Theresa and I have already had the chance to check out the local scene a bit. Last weekend, we went to San Francisco to check out the urban life (this is such a charming city) and this weekend we headed off to Big Basin Redwood State Park to experience the great outdoors (and great it was – those redwoods are huge!) Yesterday we also went to a cool, secluded beach, which was absolutely gorgeous. There really is so much to do here. I really am blessed to have been able to spend my summer in such a lovely corner of the country. And I wasn’t joking when I said our home is open to anyone who wants to visit (or, at least, visit Theresa, since am at work most of the day). I can’t wait to see Amy and Holly and my parents, and am sad that I’ll miss you all at the reunion.

I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures right now, my computer is being repaired and I will post some as soon as I get it back.

3 comments:

wurstens5 said...

Good luck in California. It is a fun place to live. How far are you from Disneyland?

Holly said...

First off what happened to your computer? (I would like to avoid such unfortunate circumstances myself)

Anyway I'm glad to see that you are getting around seeing the area. I hope your coming up with some good places to see when we visit.

Is Palo Alto (sp?) near Santa Clara?

craigthegrey said...

We really enjoy San Fransisco, it's our favorite weekend get away location. I especially like checking out the art galleries all over downtown.

I still get "Bay Area Concert Updates" - you'll have lots and lots of musical opportunities. If I were there I might go see Coldplay in July and definately Steely Dan in August. And weren't Flight of the Conchords just there?