Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Home Again

Just wanted to let everyone know we are back in Cardston after three weeks of traveling. We visited such exotic ports of call as Kennewick, Seattle, Juneau, Skagway and Prince Rupert. I will post a couple of pictures when I get a chance. As some of you know, when you cruise Alaska the scenery is great - the weather not so much. We did enjoy meeting with all our friends from Hawaii days - so that made up for the so-so weather. We also had lots of fun (and saw some great Grandkid performances and personal tours) in Kennewick and Seattle. If you have sent us an e-mail in the past 3 weeks and have not received an answer this is the reason. We decided our trip would also be Internet free. So now we are home you can expect a reply soon, as I catch up on all my correspondence. Watch for some glacier pictures soon
Love, Dad/Grandpa

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Welcome Home.

What a busy trip you've had! You packed a lot of action & activities into those weeks.

Sorry about the lousy weather, though I'm glad you could go and enjoy your friends.

I must agree that internet-free is the way to go, when you can manage it. That may be fundamentally impossible for our family, though... When we went to Hawaii with Jamie, Jeff & David in February, we were without reliable internet for only a couple of days and it drove us all crazy until we got the internet connection back. There we were, with the balmy Hawaiian breeze blowing through the condo, all hunched over our four different computers... Internet-free would have been a better way to go, but I just don't know if we could have coped.

Anyway, welcome home!

Anonymous said...

that is really sad, but true! Last year when we moved into our current house, we didn't have the internet available out here and I thought I was going to die! I went almost three moths without it and we finally got the wireless internet. What is this world coming to?!?