Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hello...

Well Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I was on here, so I spent some time catching up with what I hadn't read.
So, what's up with me...

Last week was the last real week of school. We didn't get to perform Macbeth a week ago (June 6th) because of the weather but we did on Wednesday. It was really fun and through out the day people came up to me telling me I did a good job.
On Thurday we, as a whole 8th grade class, went to the movie theater and watched either Kung Fu Panda or Chornicles of Narnia. I saw Chornicals of Narnia and sat next to my friend John. Our friend Jacob kept on being annoying, but he was easy enough to ignore.
Now we get to Friday. It was the last day that we went to all of our classes, a little sad. My history teacher gave out awards to everyone. Mine was, "In spirit of Teddy Rooseveldt's "walk softly and carry a big stick" Award" (That's a great quote isn't it?) It meant that even though I didn't say much, my work was excellent and my few contributions were valuable.
After school on Friday was the 8th grade party. The theme was 80's so the played some 80's music, had a bunch of neon and things smiliar around the school. It was really fun. My friends and I messed around the whole time and never really danced, but enjoyed the music in various ways (such as jumping around, singing to it, etc.)
Monday is our very last day of 8th grade. (you may be asking: why monday? my answer: snow days) We're only going to be there half a day, and while we are there we're going to be watching a Talent Show.
Ah! High School next year!! Wow!! I'm going to miss everyone who's not going to the same high school. At least I'll get to do stuff with them over the summer. I can just tell I'm really going to like this summer.

My friend James moved to South Carolina on Friday. He wasn't able to stay the last two days so his last day was Thurday. I already miss him. We told him that he would look good with pink hair, so on the last day we got to see him, he dyed his hair pink. It was pretty funny, but still sad that he had to move. I've know him since 1st grade, but only this year and last year I've gotten to know him more. South Carolina is so far away!! : ( I'm trying to think of something else to say because thinking about James makes me sad, but I can't so I guess I'll just close with what James' best friend Tyler said about it, "If I miss him, that means I haven't forgotten him"

I'm excited for the summer in many ways. I'll get to spend lots of time with my friends and obviously in August I get to see all of you!!

I guess I'm done, that's some of what's going on in my world...

Bye

1 comment:

Kathy Miller said...

J'Neil
Sounds like life is exciting for you. I had a good friend who moved away at the end of grade 6. I really missed her because she was a lot of fun. The funny thing was, 6 years later we ended up being roommates and BYU and we didnt' even know each other was going there! So, the point of my story is---you never know what will happen in life, so never give up!