Sunday, February 10, 2008

I miss High School Basketball

I don't think I officially made a new years resolution this year but as I look back on the past month and a half I think I would have to say it's to not let things get in the way of what I want to do. Basically stop making excuses. That being said every year I think I should stop in and check out the Harry Ainlay (my old high school) Tri-Prov Basketball Tournament but I never do. This year I broke that cycle and it was quite the tournament. My roommate's brother was on one of the invited teams and I knew a couple players on the Ainlay team, so that added a bit of interest but after the final tonight I'm missing my days in High School cheering on the Titans.
This final came down to the wire with Ainlay having 4 sec to try and tie the game with a three pointer, and the shot was fairly close too. The energy in the gym was insaine. I think it rivaled the Sugar Bowl, but I could be wrong. Anyway it's been a long time since I've seen ball like that, with the exception of the UVA game I attended. But games in Canada can't begin to rival those anyway but this was probably the closest you'll get.
Anyway I'm tired and this may be making little sense but I'm glad I got to watch some good Basketball and hope I get to watch some more soon. I'm excited Edmonton is getting a B-ball team in the International League. That could be fun. Well Later Days.

3 comments:

Mel said...

As exciting as the Sugar Bowl? I think not! By the way, did the brother happen to be from Raymond or Cardston?

Jodi said...

I've missed BB too. Brent and I went to a U of L game a while back and you got it right, Holly, it ain't US basketball. It was quite the boring game. I hear the action at the high school level is much more exciting - in this area anyway.

Randal Miller said...

Well, I just went to a UNC basketball game last night - and I have to say that the game was amazing. Just thought I should share.