Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blog 02/11/08

February 10, 2008
Not much new this week. We (the Institute) watched the press conference on Monday (a week ago) announcing the new first Presidency. While President Uchtdorf may have been the surprise member of the presidency I thought he was the hit of the question and answer session. Just in case you missed it. President Monson's favorite color is YELLOW. And his favorite ice cream is...... EVERY FLAVOR! There is a man after my own heart. President Eyring had the least to say, but as you know, he is my golfing buddy (I'm sure you've heard that story before), so I feel a special connection with him. I think the new First Presidency (and President Monson) will do just fine.
On Saturday we attended a broadcast of the yearly World Wide Training Session of the Church. The topic was the family. I know some of you may have also been in attendance but let me add just a couple of quotes (I'm sorry I missed the names on some quotes);
"There may be other organizations (wards, stakes, etc.) in the hereafter, we are not sure, but of one thing we are sure of - the family will be in the forefront (Elder Holland).
"Married couples have three assignments (as found in the Bible) 1) Leave, 2) Cleave and 3) become one."
"In a marriage it’s not who is right - it is what is right."
"I love my children with all my heart but I can't always love them with all my time." (this from Sister Beck, who was talking about making sure a mother has the time to develop her own life as well as that of her children)
"There are many housekeeping tasks that can be delegated but very few HOMEMAKING tasks that can be done by other than a mother."
The whole session was filled with great information for families everywhere. Get a copy of the DVD and watch it as a family.
Hope this finds you all well and happy and working hard.
Elder/Dad/Grandpa

1 comment:

Holly said...

I think this new presidency is exciting. I can't wait to see what they have planed for the church.