Monday, January 7, 2008

Blog 2008 - First of the Year

January 7, 2008
Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a good 2007 and are looking forward to an outstanding 2008, We had our adapt-a-family, the Stuarts, over for a New Year's dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes and all the trimmings, including Mom's homemade chocolate cake. However the hit of the meal was her homemade rolls - she made a full batch, 40 plus, and when I cleaned up later I noticed we only had 6 left (at one point when we were playing some games I passed around a candy dish, Jessica said, "If it is ok with you I'll have another roll instead of candy"). A year ago we also had them in our home and - true to a Cottle family tradition - invited the Stuarts to make predictions for 2007. I kept them for the year and then read them to all assembled in our tiny apartment (7 Stuarts plus 2 Cottles) and that brought a lot of giggles and chatter back and forth about whether or not a particular prediction came true. We finished up the afternoon with a rousing game of Chicken Foot (Mexican Train). A good way to start the new year.
Also let me start the New Year by expressing my appreciation to each of you not only for all of the kindness and thoughtfulness you have shown to us this past year, but - more importantly for the very lives you live - for the good things you do, the example you set and the honor you bring to the Cottle name, and may all of us strive to make 2008 a banner year. And may I close by adding my testimony as to the truthfulness of the Gospel, the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ that gives each of us eternal life. I also testify that we can receive true happiness in this life and throughout eternity by living the gospel as restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith and taught by the living prophets today, including President Hinckley and I say this in the name of our Savior, even one Jesus Christ: Amen.

P.S. Some of you have been asking how to join the Cottle Blog. I sent an e-mail to Randy asking him to send out the invitations once again. It is fun to read all the stuff placed there so JOIN.
The answer to last week’s silly quiz – The kind of animal you should never play cards with – A Cheetah! Get it? (Sorry J’Neil you were so close)
This Week’s Groaner – What do you call twin physicians?
My picks for the NFL – Giants over Dallas; Seattle over Green Bay (just call me the upset king on these first two picks); Colts over the Chargers and Pats over the Jaguars. Lets here from some of you – Brent, David, Roger, Craig and Craig – and anyone else

No comments: