Monday, September 29, 2008

Homecoming/And what else is up with me...

Last weekend was Homecoming at Southridge. (My high school.. for those of you who are surprised-yes, I'm in high school-9th grade) The week was filled with spirit, from Techno Day, Rock Day, and Sun Day, when we dress up in school colors - blue and gold. (our mascot is a Sun - actually gorilla but...I don't even know) On Friday was the homecoming game, which was intense. By half time we were winning 3-0. I played with the marching band at half time after the Homecoming proceedings where they said one girl's parents' names wrong. They were announced as Juano and Margarita, yet their names are Juana and Margarito. We performed all of our drill during halftime and Mr. Simpson, our director, said it was very good for the first time doing the whole show. After that I got out of my uniform and spent my freetime during 3rd Quarter with John and his friend Austin.
Saturday was the dance. I'd been looking forward to it, and I actually got a new dress : ) It reminds me of Cinderella so I got a tira to wear with it. What luck that the theme of the dance was "Once upon a time". John did ask me to Homecoming, although we went in a group. One day when I got home from Marching Band practice, I found a note on my desk that sent me all around my house finding other little cards with clues to wear an envelope was, where he had writen the question, "Will you go to Homecoming with me?"
Before we went to the school, we went to our friend Tyler's house for Breakfast for Dinner and ate french toast and scrambled eggs (and bacon, and sausage etc.) Then we played apples to apples. Which was fun, with the crazy things we came up with to fit the words.
We played the murder game in the car, it was finally 9 and we could go into the school. We being, Tyler, Briana, Julia, John and I - our group. At first we found all the people we knew, excited to see them dressed up. The rest of the night was filled with loud music and some dancing. Once it was over, we all went to my house for ice cream and played some card games. Julia kept us entertained by talking a lot, which she does when she's tired.
It was very fun, and I'm sad that I had to wash out my curls. I had a really good time.


This upcoming weekend the Marching Band has a competition in Spokane. Fun... We had our first one on Saturday. It was fun to see all the other bands and their ideas for their shows. We didn't come home with any recognition of it, but we were told we did really well. While we're in Spokane, the marching band and all the other music students who wanted to go, get to go see Phantom of the Opera!! Woo!!! I'm pumped! haha.. I'm really excited, those who have already seen it like it so much they're eager to go again. It's supposed to have Amazing On-Stage effects, I'm looking forward to those. I wonder how they do some of them.

Tomorrow, I have an orthodontist appointment that I'm not looking forward to. As many of you have seen already have A Lot of metal in my mouth... Tomorrow they're just going to add more! Bottom Braces!! :( They're not even taking out my herpts... (the device that you can see poking out near my incisors when I open my mouth fully, it moves my jaw forward to fix my overbite) I've had the Herpts Appliance for 10 months now. I got it in January. I'm still keeping my hopes up that it comes out soon... Maybe before my birthday!

Speaking of Birthdays... A couple weeks ago my friend John turned 15. It was a pretty exciting day. (thanks to my wonderful mother) We made a cake shaped like a computer, since he is on the computer all the time, and used that edible paper and had a picture of his actual desktop screen on it. I got our friends to come and make a poster which they then put on his garage saying, "Happy Birthday John!" On the day, My mom saw to it that the cake was delivered to John's house and then went back to pick up our friends from the school. I rode the bus home with John and when we got to his house we surprised him. (they hid and everything) He said it was a great birthday, I was glad to see him so happy.

Since he's 15 now, John can get his driver's permit, if he's in a driver's ed. class. I can admit, I'm jealous. My birthday's not for another 3 months though. *sigh* oh well, I'll have to wait. Truthfully, it Is a little startling that I'm already That Old!!!

That's what's up with me... I'm sure you all found it very interesting (maybe)

Salutations from the 14 year old Cottle here in Kennewick!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I must tell you all that J'Neil looked FABULOUS for the homecoming dance (and her friends looked pretty great too).

We did all have fun getting ready for John's birthday. The banner they made almost didn't fit in my house - it stretched from the front door to the back, and then barely fit stretched across John's garage.

We'll have to get a picture of J'Neil posted...