Sunday, May 25, 2008

From Jeff, long ago

Since the blog has been quiet as of late, and we don't get to hear from Jeff at all, I thought I would post something from the original Cottle Family newsletter, The Cottle Family Quarterly. This particular article was from the first quarter in 1997. It is interesting to go back now and read some of the things that were going on in our lives 10 or 11 years ago.

And now, from Jeff:

News from Jeff
By Jeff Miller

I am into playing basketball. Sometimes I even play center so I can guard the other team's biggest player. They get the ball most often, you know. My best skill is dribbling. I am low to the ground and pretty quick on my feet, so I am able to dribble down around everyone's knees and cut right through to the basket.

Yesterday (Feb. 1) I scored 8 points with this move in about 5 minutes. About 2 months ago we won a game 56 to 2, but in this last game we played the same team and they beat us by 15 points! What did we do wrong?

At our school we got some 3-man crazy carpets. On Thursday, my friend Judd and I almost hit the fence that is approximately 30 feet down the hill. That is some speed.

Randy has been teaching me a rhythm on the drums that's really complicated.

5 comments:

Kathy Miller said...

It's interesting to get a glimspe into Jeff's life 10 years ago. Life seemed so much simpler then. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

That is kinda cool to read. Maybe this could be a regular feature on the blog. Thanks

Kristin said...

I had thought a regular feature might be fun. I have about a year and half of articles (1997 & 1998) from everyone Addy's age (though Addy & J'Neil's were written by their moms) and older. Some articles give more detail than others, but still it would be fun to see what people wrote. I also have some answers to a survey from most of you as well, if I can just find them.

Randal Miller said...

I definately agree, this should be a regular feature on the blog. And I know that Grandma and Grandpa have all the old issues somewhere if you are missing some.

Kristin said...

I just went through my filing cabinet and have newsletters all the way back to 1992. I had forgotten we'd done them that long: Six years, from 1992 to 1998. I have the last year and a half in digital form on my computer. The older ones will need to be retyped. But oh, what fun.

The first issue that I have here, includes a special report on the 1992 Grandkids Reunion by David & Jamie (remember that!?). We've got Mike telling us he can't wait for Kindergarten, A Mud Pie poem from Randy, Grandpa's facts & figures...

I have enough here to post an article a week for the next eight years. Now if only we would all post a regular update in this new online newsletter, we could look back 15 years from now and be similarly entertained.