Monday, December 3, 2007

My update

Well, I am currently at work and really Bord. There are only so many times that you can look at the same scripts without getting tired of it. So I thought I would spend my time letting everyone know how I am.
I am good.... I guess first off I would like to thank everybody for their concern and encouragement regarding the Celiac diagnosis I got earlier this year. I am feeling much better and I'm still working on getting a good diet. It's tough for someone who doesn't cook a whole lot but I'm learning... slowly. I have to thank my mom especially. She always makes me special portions of anything that has wheat in it, so I don't have to miss out completely.
Other than that I'm officially out of school... kind of. I'm still registered till the end of the month but I'm finished all the required hours for my practicum so now all I have to do is the final report. While I'm putting that off I work at a local TV station (Global Edmonton) as an editor or script assistant... it depends on the day. It's just a casual job but they keep me busy between the 2 of them, especially right now around Christmas.
Now other than that nothing is going on. As I'm sure you all know I just got back from my trip to Virginia to visit Randy, Theresa, Grandma and Grandpa (I was actually there to witness to conception of this blog. How exciting!) Anyway I was going to wait and post some pictures but I don't have them at work so look forward to that. Anyway love to hear from you all.
-Holly

5 comments:

Randal Miller said...

All I have to say is watch out for that Gluten Flour. We picked up a big bag of it and are bringing it with us at Christmas to sprinkle on all of Mom's yummy treats.

And have you used that Mecca lately (or should I say Maseca)? If you discover any new ways to use it, let us know.

wurstens5 said...

Good to hear from you Holly. Any thoughts one where to begin your life yet??

Holly said...

Randy, I think enough of moms treats have enough Gluten Flour without you two sprinkling more on. Just stay away from my peanut clusters. No I haven't used the Maseca yet, but I was looking at it last night trying to figure it out.

And Jamie.... no. Wait, thoughts yes. I'm taking a script supervisor course for a couple weekends in January and that will make me available to work on TV/Film sets. They're in great need for them here in Edmonton. Then after some experience maybe over to Vancouver.

Samwise Cottle said...

I'll trade you unemployment for something to do... < <

Actually, I dunno. I'm applying for a job at the local stadium/concert hall/thing as a stagehand. Seasonal, I think. More on that later, I think...

Holly said...

Sounds cool Sam, at least you're not affected by the stagehand strike in New York