Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hey everyone
Though I'd share some photos from mine and Craig's trip to Toronoto to see the tennis stars. It was a really fun trip--great weather, great company and great tennis. So, here's just a few pics of some of my favorites:
This is Raphael Nadal. He's one of Holly's favorites. He's pretty fun to watch and is ranked #1 in the world. However, he didn't win in Toronto--he was beat in the semi finals by the eventual winner.

This is Andy Murray--the great white hope of British tennis fans. Lots of pressure to win a big one for the home country. He hasn't won a grand slam yet (the big ones), but he did win in Toronoto--beating Roger Federer. H'es currently ranked #4.

This is Novak Djockavic--he's another one of Holly's favorites--not really mine. He's a bit of a whiny player. He lost in the semis to Roger Federer. He's currently ranked #3.



This is Robin Soderling. He's one of my new favorites. I like him because he kind of looks like Randy! He's the only player to have ever beaten Nadal at the French Open (last year). He's currently ranked #5.

This is Roger Federer. He's my all-time favorite. In fact, the purpose of this trip was to be able to see him play--and we saw him 3 times--so mission accomplished! However, no matter how hard I cheered for him, he didn't win, but lost in the final to Andy Murray. Better luck next time I guess. He's currently ranked #2.


This pictures is just to prove we were really there. (Notice Federer in the background). This was at the end of a very HOT day sitting in the sun--that's why I looked a bit worn! This is taken from our seats, so you can see we had great seats to watch all the action.
Anyway, since I had told most of you how excited I was to be going, I thought I'd share. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Great photos! Looks like you had a fun time; I'm glad you could go. A hot day in the sun watching tennis would drain me of energy, I'm sure, but you look great.

Mel said...

Love the photos, I am a little jealous but glad you had fun. We watched for you on TV, but...... I guess my favorite would be Andy Murray - about time those Brits had something to brag about - right Amy?

Kathy Miller said...

I really like Andy Murray as well. I hope he wins something soon.