Monday, November 17, 2008

Football Anyone

Well, this is the big week - Utah-BYU football week. Everyone knows I am a long time BYU fan, but this year I have mixed feelings. While I would like to see the Cougars win I also would like Utah to win and throw a monkey wrench into the smug, totally useless, just in it for the $$$$ - BCS (someday I will tell you how I really feel about the Bowl Coalition). The last two years it has come down to a last second play (will Cougar fans be chanting "Collie is still open" - or will the Utes be saying "Hall sacked on crucial play"). In reading the DN this morning I found out that, "Aside from Utah's big victory in its unbeaten 2004 season, the other 10 Utah-BYU games since 1997 have been decided by a touchdown or less." Based on that it should be a close game. But I'm not sure just which way to cheer. Any advice out there?

6 comments:

wurstens5 said...

Go BYU!!! I wish I was going to the game.

craigthegrey said...

You have to face it: routing against the BCS takes priority. Gotta be sporting the red this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Go UTAH!!!

Anonymous said...

This evening on ESPN radio I heard Mel Kiper Jr talking about the BYU/Utah game this week. He's routing for Utah because "if Utah can go undefeated it'll blow this thing [the BCS] up." Nobody likes the BCS...

Mel said...

I agree with Craig, however I'm afraid that even if Utah wins the corupt BCS will place them in the least important BCS bowl - and below teams that are ranked lower than UTAH (does that make any sense?)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mel Kiper Jr went on to say that he really doesn't think Utah should be in an "important" bowl, and he certainly wouldn't put them there - but based on who they've beaten they can make the best case for being in the championship game - if they go undefeated. But no matter how you cut it, the BCS is evil....