Monday, October 20, 2008

NEW YORK CITY BABY!


Ok so I know the trip was over a month ago but I just got my pictures transfered onto my computer so I thought I would share some of them with you and give you my take on the trip.
Well as I'm sure you all know it was me, my parents and Grandma and Grandpa. My parents and I arrived in the big apple early Sunday morning, extremely tired (you try sleeping over night, on a couple chairs, in the middle of an airport cafeteria with a beach towel as your blanket) but really excited. Since we couldn't get into our hotel we became wanderers in Central Park.































We did eventually get to the hotel, and get to sleep, then on Monday the sight seeing began. We did the uptown tour where we saw the temple and many museums.
























Then came the downtown tour with the Chrysler Building,



a stop at the Empire State Building,


























and of course Lady Liberty herself.


























We also went on a night tour and to see the show "Wicked" on Broadway, but for me the highlight of the trip came on Wednesday when Grandpa and I left Flushing Meadows early to go to a taping of the Colbert Report.












I'll admit I was a little worried about taking Grandpa since he's never seen the show but he enjoyed it and I was on the biggest high. I don't think I could have had a better time, we were sitting on the front row, audience left, really close to Stephen's desk. He even noticed me wearing my Colbert sweatshirt and commented on it, to me during one of the commercial breaks. I could have gone home right then and been happy but there was still so much more to do.











Two days worth of Tennis. We got to see a lot of top tier players, we had great seats, and we even got to experience a small rain delay which delayed game play and we were watching tennis till 2am. It was a true US Open experience.







































So needless to say by Saturday we were a little tire but we still had one last piece of Americana History to visit. Of course I'm talking about Yankee Stadium.


















The day was really hot but the game was really good. I have never been to a baseball game with so many people and with so much energy. It was awesome. After the game we just had the rest of the day to enjoy the city. We ate at Lindy's (famous Cheesecake) and sat outside and did some final shopping.



































Packing that night was one of the most arduous tasks I have every had to do but I had a great time. I definitely want to go back
so we'll have to see. If anyone is looking for a travel companion, you know where I am. Till next time...

4 comments:

wurstens5 said...

Looks like tonz of fun!!! One day I want to go to New York. I have been to the air port though.

Kathy Miller said...

Holly
Loved the pictures--it just brought back all the excitment. I'm up for another go at it next year. Anyone care to join us?

Mel said...

Who is the good looking guy with Holly at the Colbert report? Loved the pictures

Anonymous said...

Let’s not forget about the Marat Safin racket smashing and melt down - a true US Open experience.