Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Festival of Trees

In my last post, I said let the Christmas season begin. I know in the States that starts with Black Friday, but I'm not one to fight the crowds during a crazy shopping day. Besides I have to wait for the 26th for Canada's version the day. But I did celebrate the Christmas season kick off my own way; Bailey and I went to the Festival of Trees.



The Festival of Trees is an event where a bunch of people and companies decorate trees, gingerbread houses, door hangings, etc. They also have various performances and a bunch of activities for kids. We try to take Bailey each year and this year I got to do it. The money raised goes to the university hospital, so every year they have a section to show kids how things work in the hospital. The best part of this area is the finger casts they'll give everyone. Here's Bailey and I showing off ours.




We also decorated small christmas trees, santa hats and a picture frame; had a hot chocolate and cookie treat; wrote a letter to Santa and Bailey did some Christmas shopping in a kids only shopping area. Here's a few more pictures.









Just a note on the last picture, that is my letter to Santa. I wrote with my left hand to make Santa think that I was little younger. Now that I think about it I don't think Santa will be fooled, after all he knows all. Well the letter is still relevant.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Holly said...

If I posted this @ 5:35 pm mountain, can anyone tell me why it says 1:21 am? Where in the world is it 1:21 right now?

Jeff Wursten said...

I know, the time is off on this blog for some reason. Looks like a lot of fun, I love the letter to Santa.

Jeff Wursten said...

Holly that is actually me jamie not Jeff

Randal Miller said...

I hope that Santa gets that letter, because Theresa and I love Rock Band, and it would be fun to play when we come up! (actually, we have only ever played guitar hero, but I'm sure its the same thing)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed that you wrote that with your left hand... are you ambidextrous because of all the playing on the wii?

Holly said...

Well Craig, what I didn't mention was how long it took me to write that letter. I had to concentrate pretty hard to make it legible (I had a lot of trouble with the letter s) and Bailey was getting pretty antsy by the time I finished. So sadly no, I'm not ambidextrous, I still play the Wii with my right hand, but if we get Rock Band I'll using my left hand a lot more.