Tuesday, April 28, 2009


The Saga continues. It started snowing on Sunday night and it is still snowing! The good news, it is just warm enough during the day that if I shovel the driveway about 8:00 A.M. the snow will not stick on the cement until evening. The bad news, the snow is so wet when I do shovel it - it is just like moving a enormous Slushy - the kind we get at Redi Mart (Red Rooster for you old timers). Since Sunday we have received over 50 cm and it is not expected to stop until tomorrow. Where, or where is spring?

5 comments:

craigthegrey said...

I was going to say Ken's for us REALLY old timers, but then I realized Ken's was even before slushies...

Kathy Miller said...

Oh, that is a sad, sad picture! At least in Edmonton we are getting kind of sleetly rain and slushing snow--nothing that sticks to the ground. Yesterday was Amy's birthday and in the year she was born (1984)the temp was 25C on her birthday! Go figure. What is it they say about alberta weather--if you don't like it, wait a minute and it will change. Craig, I remember Kens--is it true it pre-dates slushies?

Holly said...

I guess mom, in this case wait until tomorrow and it'll change...
Wait didn't you say it was snowing on each day that each of us was born. That's interesting snow @ 25 degrees

Kathy Miller said...

Holly, I said it snowed on everyone's birthday EXCEPT Amy's. She has always been the odd man out.

amy said...

I miss the snow, how crazy does that sound? I want that white stuff here (lol). I'm the odd one out in more ways than that. I'm also the only one with her birthday after the 10th day of the month.