Monday, May 12, 2008

South Carolina? And You Thought We Were Going To California

So my second year of Law School is Over! And to celibate, Theresa and I went on a little impromptu road trip. You all already know about the Radiohead concert in Charlotte NC that I've been talking about for months, but one of the friends we went with hails from the other Carolina, and invited us to spend the weekend.

The concert was amazing. Radiohead truly is the greatest band of our generation and they proved it last Friday.

But the Weekend didn't end there, South Carolina was a blast. We went to the swamp (or should I say 'floodplain forest') and then to the famous "Shealy's Bar-B-Que" (a favorite of George W, from the pictures on the wall) Now, if you've never been to a real Southern BBQ, than you are missing out! The food was indescribably good, and the ambiance was unlike any other restaurant you've ever been to, with long communal tables covered in plastic tablecloths. I found out that each area in the south has its own BBQ flavor, and South Carolina's is mustard-based. The yellowish meat looks disgusting, but tastes heavenly. Mmm Mmm, I was almost convinced to forget California and start looking for a job in Columbia.

1 comment:

Kathy Miller said...

I'm not sure why you would leave this beautiful place for California. What could possibly be there!?